Monday, October 17, 2011

O.M.G.

What a huge waste of my time...

So I had an interview at a tanning salon. (I applied everywhere okay don't judge). First off it was a tall slender woman who was wearing a shirt that made her rack look atrocious. (I should have spilled Victoria's Secret). She had bleached blonde hair (typical tanning hair) and an accent I have absolutely NO IDEA where it came from.

I get there, maybe about 5 minutes early, and the store manager goes and gets her (the owner) and she walks out, doesn't even look me in the eye, flimsily shakes my hand, and goes and tells her manager to call so and so for a business call.
I sit back down and patiently wait with a fake smile on my face.

15 minutes later, she gets off the phone. Doesn't apologize at all. Says "she is ready for me" takes me into what used to be a bathroom but now is filled with papers. Sits me down in a folding chair and shuffles through piles of crap to find my application. Might I add that tanning salons are oddly lit to make you look more tan so the lights were dim and she looked like the devil. I was about to get up and say thanks but no thanks, and I had that feeling about 7 or 8 times. I have never wanted an interview to be over so badly in my life.

We talked for a couple minutes. She thought I was stupid for being 19 and engaged. I thought she was stupid all around and we definitely didn't have any connections. When she asked me why I wanted to work there and she said it was a very hard and competitive job I almost laughed out loud. She had explained what the responsibilities were and the "hardest" thing she had come up with was sweeping the floor and sanitizing beds.  She kept going on about it not being all fun and games (it's a job, why would it be?) and that it is definitely not easy.

I wanted to stop her in her tracks and bring her back to reality. I think cleaning the house is a harder job than this one. Oh and more of the vigorous work included "making sure things weren't dusty." Seriously? Has she ever worked?

She was so stuck up and arrogant that I could never speak with her again. She asked when the wedding was and I said January. She said is 3 days enough time off for that?

THREE DAYS? 

I can't believe it. This woman is an owner of a business? Has she ever heard of a honeymoon? I said more like 2 weeks since I actually have to help plan and go home to get things ready, sorry that I'm not stuck up and don't have a slave for me when I want a cup of tea. She didn't like the 2 week idea. But I didn't like her so all is well.

We had a good 6 minute chat, I was at the salon for about 40 minutes, and I will ignore her phone call when she calls back tomorrow. 
Let's just say those are the only kind of people who I could NEVER work for.


BUT, Earlier today I had an interview at Subway, i'm pretty sure the girl thought we were about to become Facebook friends by the end of the interview. She asked how many hours she could give me for me to quit Victoria's Secret and work full time for them. I think that's a better match. I like the idea of getting a raise every 3 months better anyway:)

xoxo
Mallory

4 comments:

  1. I worked at Subway! I liked it, except for the smell on my clothes. But it was fun! I know you'll get a good one, whatever it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. nothing worse than gross people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we lived in WA, right after we got married, everyone i worked with thought it was so crazy when they found out I was 20 and married. But I don't think they called me crazy when Calvin would surprise me with flowers all the time. They were just jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete