Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pinterest FAIL


I was really excited about this! Ran it through the dishwasher and it turned into muck. Does anyone know a solution? Do you have to bake it longer? Does it actually work.. ever?

3 comments:

  1. You must use a pen made for porcelain, they would sell at craft shops, no amount of baking will make the regular sharpie stay on there...it is a fake pin that has made loads of rounds. Too bad people pin without reading the original pin!Then we are left with the fail! Try the other pens, it will work great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it - but even with the special porcelain pen, it is probably a good idea to handwash the mug. Commercial dishwasher detergents are very caustic (high pH).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I painted a mug and used Martha Stewart's all purpose paint (you literally can use it on ANYTHING) and it hasn't come off yet. I have only handwashed it, but I think you'd be stuck with that. Anyways, if you use Martha paint (which they carry at Michaels), then look it up on michaels.com and look at the instructions for how to prepare the mug before you paint on it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete