I've been thinking lately about hobbies. I have quite a lot of hobbies, but none of them I am 100% into or good at. I love sewing- but not pinning, patterns, or taking more than 15 minutes. I love photography- but I don't feel like I have enough knowledge, resources, or subjects to really practice and get good (and my sister already mastered that one so it's hard to compare to greatness). I love painting and drawing- but I really am only good at copying things. I love designing and home decorating- but there are not enough rooms in the house to keep going at it and we're renting so I am limited. I love sports- but I don't have time away from a baby to be a coach quite yet. I love fashion- but there is never enough money to fulfill that dream. I love being a mom- but sometimes I want to be able to bring in a little dough. I don't love baking- but recently I found I'm pretty good at making bread! I like hair and make-up- but my mom told me I wasn't allowed to go to beauty school.
I know that when I'm older and my kids are all babysittable I will try to become a volleyball coach and that will be my niche, but for now I am searching for something to do. I am a half jack of all trades.. Maybe my fear of commitment is stopping me from just delving in.

I feel the same way! Lately I've attempted to become a master organizer...but that gets boring real fast haha
ReplyDeleteFinish school! Then you'll have a marketable skill. Writing saved me when we were just starting out, but without a degree, they would have turned me away. Also, piano lessons :) Are you good enough to teach beginners? We found our piano cheap online! I would say photography, but seriously, it barely makes enough to keep it's own bills afloat. It's a hole :)
ReplyDelete