Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lack of Sleep

So I decide to blog in the wee hours of the night.

Holiday craftiness is in the air! If I could paint my walls (and not have to paint them back to white when I move out in 6 months..) This would look even better. It's made out of tulle and some little Christmas decorations found at Michaels:




What I did:
1. Use a circular wreath core (it can really be anything circular you can tie tulle onto)
I found one at Michaels that had a few different layers of sizing for the metal part

2. Buy tulle, and a lot of it. I probably used about 5 or 6 yards (it's cheap!)

3. cut the tulle into stripes and make loops knots around the center wreath core

You really can figure this one out on your own, and there are many ways to do it!
This was my practice round for the one I made my lovely Sister in law (and Brother)


They really start to fluff out and puff up once they hang for a while and look even better!
There are so many variations to this so make your own and add more bling or keep it simple, even different colored tulle! Just do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment