Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sew, A Needle Pulling Thread

I'm really happy my mom taught me how to sew.
I'm happy that I learned the basics sewing five hundred different shaped pillows.
I'm happy I've messed up, thrown away, cut up into a million pieces, and unpicked a million stitches.
I'm happy for the times of success, and the times I just had to walk away.
I'm happy almost half my closet has been altered in one way or another.
But most of all, I'm happy that this skill has made shopping easier.
There have been many times that I have found something great, (or a great sale) and it just didn't fit quite right, but I bought it anyway because I know I can take it in, or let it out, or re-shape it.
I had to get new work pants and you don't understand how hard it is to find black dressy-ish pants long enough and still able to make me look like I have a body.
I went to Buckle, because Buckle rules.
I found black lovely pants in my waist size, but in XXL (extra extra LONG). They were about a half inch too long (such a great feeling). I know Buckle does free alterations, but I didn't want to wait two weeks. So I bought them, hemmed them up a bit, took in the bottom so they were a little less flare, and Boom Shacka Lacka. I now have hot work pants. No more butt crack. No more waiting for a flood, and no more cold ankles or showing my mismatched socks. It's amazing. I'm really happy about that.

Oh and I can't forget. My sisters and my mother share this skill with me. I'm also very very very happy, that we didn't have to pay a cent for wedding dress alterations, and I could trust that my precious most amazing dress would turn out perfect!

Tomorrow I can say 10 days and i'll be Mrs.Boren, wearing two more little beauties:
The next day i'm down to single digits!!!



I really need to start praying it doesn't snow. Help is much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment